DIY Valentine's Day Gift

Valentine's Day gift DIY 52 Reasons I love you.

I’ve never really been a big fan of Valentines Day. It was always just too stressful. Restaurants and movie theaters are always packed on Valentines Day. It’s super busy. I don’t like getting flowers because I can’t keep them alive. Jewelry seems very expensive and too overwhelming. Candy, while always great to have around, it kind of gets old as a gift every year. So, here’s a great DIY Valentines Day’s gift for your significant other. I first saw this idea on Pinterest and thought I’d give it a go. I made this for my boyfriend one year for Valentines Day and he loved it.

Photo of the DIY Valentine's Day Gift 52 Reasons I Love You
  • Deck of playing cards
  • Glue
  • Scissors
  • Your 52 reasons printed out or written on paper
  • Hole punch
  • Key ring
  1. The 1st thing you have to do is the hardest thing you have to do. You have to come up with 52 reasons why you love your significant other. You can do these on the computer or by hand. Print these out so that they will fit onto your playing cards. Using a fun font or fun color is a great way to use your creativeness in this project. You can use little images too if you like to add a little flare.

Some could be inside jokes, others something physical you love about the person. Make some funny and make some sweet. Keep it light and fun.

Photo of the DIY Valentine's Day Gift 52 Reasons I Love You
Photo of the DIY Valentine's Day Gift 52 Reasons I Love You
  1. Cut out your reasons and then glue them on your playing cards. Some people leave the cards looking new and others choose to give them an aged look by scuffing up the edges with sandpaper, putting a little ink around the edges. I left mine new.
Photo of the DIY Valentine's Day Gift 52 Reasons I Love You
Photo of the DIY Valentine's Day Gift 52 Reasons I Love You
  1. Punch a hole in the corner of each card making sure that the holes line up.
  2. Put your key ring through the holes to hold all of your cards together.
Photo of the DIY Valentine's Day Gift 52 Reasons I Love You

And BAM you’ve done it!

Photo of the DIY Valentine's Day Gift 52 Reasons I Love You

Here are some that I came across that look pretty cool. Go check them out and see what you think.

Paper Vine – “52 Reasons I Love You” Cards Tutorial

Little Gray Fox – 52 Reasons | Redux

That’s Melliflouus – DIY deck of cards book

Cut out and Keep – 52 Reasons Why I Love You

This is something fun and different to do for Valentines Day, especially since we’ve all had a bit of a rough time financially during 2020. I hope you all enjoyed the idea and if you decide to make it please share your 52 reasons with me in the comments.