Creative Creations - Paper Pirate Ship

 

Photo of a pirate ship made out of white paper.

If you’ve read my Creative Creations – Cardboard Tower post you know sometimes you just need to create for the sake of creating. You’ll also know that I really want to create a castle out of Bristol Board, but haven’t yet. I have however made this Pirate Ship. I made this back in 2011 and it’s still looking good.

My Supplies

  • Bristol Board
  • Plain paper
  • Scissors
  • Pencil
  • Tape
  • Glue
  • Needle Tool

I drew it out and made it with regular computer paper first, holding it together with tape. I then took it apart and used it as a template on the Bristol Board. I used glue to hold the Bristol Board pieces together to form the ship. I added little embellishments like the portholes and windows on the back. I used paper sticks from suckers for the masts. Crumpled two of the sails to create the idea that those two sails haven’t been raised yet.

Photo of a pirate ship made out of white paper.

I had them in a white shadow box with white waves and background also made out of Bristol Board.

I currently have it in this small brown shadow box with colored construction paper waves and background.

Maybe one day soon I’ll get around to making that castle! If you’ve got any creative creations post them below in the comments!